Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree…I cannot help but think of that song while I sit here looking at these DIY Christmas Tree Footprint Gift Bags. Tis the season for Christmas crafts at my house. It is one of my favorite times of the year to craft with my children. There are so many wonderful Christmas crafts you can make with the kids.
I really love that this craft is also a gift bag we can share with family and friends. We had a lot of fun making them. The kids can not wait to fill them with gifts and give them away. This Christmas tree footprint craft is cheap and easy to make. And great for all ages. Now what Christmas craft to make next!
DIY Christmas Tree Footprint Gift Bags
Supplies for Christmas Tree Footprint Craft:
- brown paper bags
- paint brush
- green paint
- markers- I used sharpies
- star stickers
- q-tips or cotton swabs
- additional paint colors- red, orange, yellow, blue, and pink are what we used
How to make Christmas Tree Footprint Gift Bags:
- Gather all your supplies for the craft to start. I like to be ready before the kids get involved.
- Use the paint brush and paint the bottom of the child’s foot green.
- Press the foot down on the brown paper bag.
- Wipe the child’s foot off with paper towels and wipes.
- Leave the paper bags to dry for an hour or two.
6. Once the footprints are dry, you can start decorating them with the kids.
7. I used my sharpie markers and drew on a string of “lights” around the tree( green footprint).
8. Let the kids add a star sticker on top of the tree.
9. Take the cotton swabs and dip them in paint and add the lights to the drawn on string.
10. Let the paint dry.
Now you have really cute DIY Christmas tree footprint gift bags to enjoy!
You can modify the craft supplies you use to decorate the trees with. I also love that this craft is great for all ages. My youngest to my oldest got in on the crafting fun for this one. Looking forward to more Christmas crafting with my family before the season is over!
What are your family’s favorite Christmas crafts to make?