The snow has melted (well, for those of you that had snow anyway) and the sun is shining! It’s time to head outdoors and move and learn. I found lots of fun sight word games that are perfect to play outside–a great way to get some fresh air and learn at the same time!
Sight Word Games to Play Outside
- Sight Word Soccer Kids can dribble and shoot as they practice sight words.
- Sight Word Rescue Climb around and save the sight words!
- Sight Word Basketball Dribble around to the correct sight word and build reading and basketball skills.
- Sight Word Run Kids love to run around, use this to help them practice sight words.
- Sight Word Swim Use ball pit balls for a fun swim and find game.
- Sight Words Parking Lot Drive and park on sight words in this fun driveway game.
- Ghost Zapper Sight Word Game Use water squirters to “get” the sight word ghosts.
- Sight Word Basketball Use foam sheets to make a two person sight word game.
- Fire Hose Word Practice Grab a firefighter hat and hose down some sight words.
- Sight Word Dive Dive sticks with sight words are a great way to practice in the pool this summer.
- Yard Clean Up Sight Word Game Combine recycling and sight words in this fun clean up game.
- Water Balloon Sight Words Water balloons and sight words are obviously a fun combo.
- Star Wars Word Run Use your kids favorite characters to encourage them to play with words.
These games will definitely make learning fun, but just taking your regular work outside be motivating too. Go out and play!
The other Move and Learn co-hosts were busy putting together Move and Learn Activities for kids this week too, make sure to check them out!
Other Ways to Move & Learn this week:
- 35 Ways to Learn with Sidewalk Chalk from The Pleasantest Thing
- Sight Word Matching Game from Hands on : as we grow
- 18 Ways to Play with Numbers from Toddler Approved
- Check out all our Move & Learn activities
- Lots of ideas on our Pinterest board!
This post was first published in 2014 and part of a super fun Move and Learn series for kids. If you have kids that like to move then you will love all the ideas in that series!