Planning summer camp at home activities doesn’t have to be hard.
There are so many great programs out there that you can use to plan fun ideas for your kids to do this summer. We have compiled a list of our favorites to make it easy for you to have fun and learn with your kids while creating memories together!
Affiliate links are included below.
Art Spark Summer Camp
The summer is the perfect time to create! Use this complete online summer art program ($49.99) created by Cathy of the NurtureStore to engage your kids in four weeks of art adventures.
Your children will be learning as they play – the art projects are super sensory, surprisingly scientific, and include lots of education about famous art and art techniques. Such a creative way to learn this summer!
- Four weeks of a guided online workshop
- Membership of the private Facebook community
- Two detailed resource ebooks ($24.99 value) which are yours to keep after the course ends
- Daily support from Cathy throughout the four week adventure
- Bring a friend for free–half the price and double the fun!
See more info here: Art Spark Summer Camp
Camp Mathematics is a free summer math series we created in collaboration with What Do We Do All Day?. It includes 6 weeks of hands on math for kids that is lots of fun!
- 12 hands-on math activities total you can do with your kids over 6 weeks or at your own pace
- Full of FUN. No worksheets, no drills, no forced memorization of facts!
- Covers topics such as counting, computing, shapes and geometry, patterning and math art, fractions and more
- Utilizes crafts, games, partner activities, videos and even snacks to make learning exciting
- Each week of activities can be adapted to suit different ages
See the activities here: Camp Mathematics
Camp Mom Summer Activities Pack
Make your summer planning simple with this $12 printable summer activities pack. It’s completely organized for you and includes lots of clear and colorful photos which is so helpful!
- Several printable summer planning pages (art supply prep list, Summer Bucket List template, etc.)
- Four summer themes with over 45 Simple and FUN activity ideas with full instructions and supply lists. With 80+ total activities and ideas to do!
- Adventure ideas and tips – you can have adventures without leaving your backyard or use the ideas to get out and explore your community.
- Tips and articles for a successful summer: managing sibling conflict, what to do with the toddler, how to enjoy a museum with your kids, etc.
- Reading recommendations to go with each of the 4 themes.
Click for more info: Camp Mom Summer Activities Pack
DIY Summer Camp at Home
11 weeks of free summer fun learning and play put together by a group of kids activities bloggers! Includes popular kids themes and lots of ways to play with different ages.
- A variety of themes such as outer space, ocean, colors, backyard fun, science, LEGOs, bugs and butterflies, dinosaurs, rainforest, secret spy school (mine) and Frozen.
- Easy to set up activities that don’t require lots of special materials
- Activities that work with multi-age groups and families
- Learning, sensory, and play activities that allow you time to have fun and be hands-on with your kids
- Pick and choose which themes work best for your kids!
Click here for all the fun: DIY Summer Camp at Home
Get Ready for K Through Play
Going to Kindergarten can be intimidating for both kids and parents. Take the worry out of the equation by making sure your child is well prepared….by playing of course! This is a free summer camp at home idea for 5 year olds but has lots of great ideas for older and younger kids too.
- Tons of FUN and playful ways to help your child get ready for K
- Don’t worry about sight words–use our list of ways to ease Kindergarten anxiety to help both your child and you!
- Practice the real skills that set your child up for success
- Includes comprehensive book lists about starting Kindergarten that will get your kiddo excited for school
- Ideas for teaching kids about following directions, reading, math, and more that will come in handy as you prepare for the first day of school
See the activities here: Get Ready for K Through Play
Summer Science Camp
This was one of my favorite summer activity series ever! This free online summer camp series features two crazy cool science experiments each week for 8 weeks.
- 16 of the very best science experiments for kids out there–all the must-dos!
- Many of the activities require little to no prep
- The experiments often require supplies you already have on hand so you can start today
- Great for kids of all ages and multi-age groups
See all the activities here: Summer Science Camp
Virtual Kindness Summer Camp
Add a little kindness to your summer with this online kindness summer camp at home!
Included in the 2017 Virtual Kindness Summer Camp ($29):
- Ideas emailed right to you (and you can access them here on the Kindness Academy). Includes 5+ Kind Idea Posters!
- 5 weeks of kindness ideas and support.
- The Kindness Dashboard, a kindness tracker app, helping you and your family track all that Kindness Goodness accomplished!
- Object lessons that can be done anywhere (using only simple ingredients)!
- Private Facebook group to share the goodness being done and to ask questions.
- Travel friendly ideas to help you take Kindness on the Road!
- Summer Kindness Scavenger Hunt! So great to use with the neighborhood or the family visitors you need to keep busy!
- Free access to the entire series of “Making Chemo Care Kits for Kids” (5 videos and 3+ printables)
- Over 20 Other Kindness Printables to help get the Kindness Action going and keep track of all those acts of kindness you’ll be doing with your kids!
Click here for more info: 2017 Virtual Kindness Summer Camp