The privacy of visitors to www.coffeecupsandcrayons.com is important to us.
At Coffee Cups and Crayons, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit www.coffeecupsandcrayons.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
Like many other Web sites, www.coffeecupsandcrayons.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Newsletters and Data Protection
Coffee Cups and Crayons will collect your name and email address for the purpose of regular email/ newsletter communication. In general you will receive 1-3 emails per week, sharing with you the latest craft ideas, as well as occasional product recommendations. Your email data will NEVER be supplied to third parties and will be held on the Active Campaign servers.
We will also collect any information needed (such as your email address and IP address) to deliver any downloads you choose to purchase through our site. Your email data will NEVER be supplied to third parties. It will only be used to facilitate your ability to receive and download your purchases and record sale transactions for tax purposes.
The email address and any additional information supplied (e.g. name) will be held on the Active Campaign server for as long as you wish to receive newsletters from Coffee Cups and Crayons. Should you wish to discontinue receiving newsletters, please hit unsubscribe link on bottom of the newsletters or email megan (at) coffeecupsandcrayons (dot) com and we can do the unsubscription for you.
Newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Should you be unhappy about any way your data has been handled, you can make a complaint to the ICO at any time.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Are part of our (optional) commenting system so that you don’t have to always enter you details
- Collect data as part of Google Analytics so that we can see who has visited our website
We use third party advertisements on www.coffeecupsandcrayons.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in your browser. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Our advertising partners include:
- Google Adsense
- Mediavine Advertising
Sensitive Personal Information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
- Coffee Cups and Crayons blog is a personal blog written and edited by me and my contributors. This blog does and will accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
- Coffee Cups and Crayons abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- Coffee Cups and Crayons is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- Product purchases will be done on PayPal or Stripe. [Coffee Cups and Crayons will never collect any payment information.]
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: