Practicing sight words doesn’t have to be boring–you make it fun by turning it into a game! One of our favorite ways to move and learn with sight words is to play Sight Word Stomp!
Sight Word Stomp Game:
- sight word cards
- a kid
Yep. That’s it! It is a very low prep activity that makes it perfect for all of us with kids. I spread the sight word cards around the floor and called out a word. My kindergartner had to find it and stomp on it, which was lots of fun!
Sight Word Stomp! can easily be adapted to whatever your child is studying. You can make cards with letters, math problems, history facts, vocabulary terms, etc. You can even play with multiple types of cards if you are playing at home with multi-age kids.
The other Move and Learn co-hosts were busy putting together Move and Learn Activities for kids this week too, make sure to check them out!
Other Ways to Move & Learn this week:
- Superhero Sight Word Smash from The Pleasantest Thing
- Learning Indoor Obstacle Course from hands on as we grow
- Heart Hop Active Name Game from Toddler Approved
- Check out all our Move & Learn activities
- Lots of ideas on our Pinterest board!