Bath Tub Sight Word Materials:
- Colored Foam
- Permanent Marker
What to do:
- Trace circles (or any shapes) onto your foam piece with a pencil or pen.
- Cut your shapes out.
- Write one sight word on each shape. You can also write out math facts, spelling words or anything your child is learning.
- Let the child(ren) play with the shapes in the tub or shower.
You can even use them in the pool or on a dry erase board or window. The foam pieces need a little water to stick to surfaces so if you aren’t in a tub you can have a basin of water or a spray bottle with water near the surface they are using.
Sight Word Extension Ideas:
- Have your child use a net to catch the words as you call them out.
- Have your child make sentences with the words they find.
- Make other shapes out of foam to create scenes for your children to create on the tiles.
- Make a sun, tree, birds, snowman, etc.
Lauren is a mom to a 5 year old girl and loves spending time learning & playing with her. She is a certified elementary school teacher and is the author of Tutus & Tea Parties, a site for parents and caregivers that shares parenting tips, fun recipes and ways to learn through play.