Our family’s favorite place to go on vacation is Walt Disney World and we are lucky enough to live close enough to visit often.
This year we are annual pass holders and have been loving the new FastPass+ system. It makes it so much easier to plan your vacation, but can be confusing for anyone who is used to the old FastPass system.
What is FastPass Plus?
FastPass Plus (or FastPass +) is Disney’s new FastPass system. Instead of having to go to kiosks and reserve one attraction at a time you can now reserve a day’s worth (three) at one time for 1 park–even before you get to Disney if you are staying at a Walt Disney World resort or are a passholder.
How Does FastPass + Work?
For Walt Disney World Resort Guests:
You can make your three reservations for each day online up to 60 days in advance. That is definitely my favorite part! All you need to do is sign into your My Disney Experience account and click on FastPass selections. Then you can choose up to 3 attractions and times that you want to reserve each day.
Then once you get to the park and use yours up you can get one at a time until they run out for the day! This is a new change that I am very happy to see. The additional FastPasses can be obtained at a different park than you scheduled passes which is great for those that like to park hop.
For Non-Resort Visitors:
When you get to the parks you go to one of the FastPass + kiosks to make your selections. There is a Disney cast member there to help walk you through the process and you are able to get reservations for everyone in your party at once.
Annual Passholders can now make advance FastPass + reservations too! Passholders get to make 7 days worth of reservations up to 30 days in advance. If you are an annual passholder make sure to link your passes to the My Disney Experience site and order your MagicBands.
Can I Change My FastPass + Selections?
Yes! As long as a FastPass is still available you can switch the times and rides as often as you want. We’ve made our selections before arriving at the park and then gotten better/earlier times at a kiosk once we got there.
While you are at the park you can modify your reservations by going back to the kiosks or using the free My Disney Experience Mobile App. If you miss your FastPass + time you can also use the kiosks and app to reschedule as long as there are spots available.
FastPass + Tips:
- Schedule FastPasses for your top attractions, but don’t use them if the line is bearable. Go through the regular line if it’s short enough and then rebook your FastPass. You can make it for the same ride later in the day or another attraction. A group of 10 I was with last month used this strategy to ride Expedition Everest three times in one day.
- Schedule your FastPasses for as early in the day as possible to take advantage of the additional ones they now offer the day of your visit.
- Not every attraction has a FastPass. If you can’t schedule a pass for your favorite ride make sure to do the ride without the pass during the slowest park time such as first thing in the morning.
- When traveling with a group make sure to link everyone’s FastPasses together to make scheduling and rescheduling simple.
- If you don’t think you are going to make or don’t want to use a scheduled FastPass reschedule it as soon as possible. You can schedule up to three passes a day, but three aren’t guaranteed. It depends on how busy the park is and how many FastPasses have already been issued so give yourself the best odds possible.
- Speaking of scheduling three, it’s up to three per day in advance. You can only get passes at one park per day which is a big change. You have to wait to get additional FastPasses once you are in the park and have used up your first three. You can only schedule in advance at one park, but can get the in park ones at different parks.
- There are FastPass + kiosks throughout the parks and with cast members who can help walk you through the process. The FastPass + cast members wear teal colored shirts which makes them more easily identifiable. Skip the kiosks closest to the entrance because they are usually the busiest.
- Use the app to help you plan and adjust your plan on the go. We’ve been using it to choose which rides to do next and even make and reschedule dining reservations.
Visiting Walt Disney World is tons of fun but can be overwhelming so I am going to be sharing tips all month long! Have a question? Let me know in the comments and I’ll try to address it in a future post or get you the info!
In the meantime check out how to make DIY Minnie and Mickey ears and follow my Everything Disney! Pinterest board.