We love to make homemade gifts for teachers, family, and friends. We were in need of a few teacher gifts. After a little thought, foot scrub came to mind. We have made hand scrub for past teachers and they LOVED it.
I wanted to mix up how we made it and try something different this time. And so we got Lavender Apricot Foot Scrub. This stuff is amazing. It was also easy enough to make that the kids got to help make it with me.
(affiliate links included for your convenience)
Lavender Apricot Foot Scrub Supplies
- lavender oil– ours is Young Living
- epsom salt– got this one at Walmart
- lavender liquid soap– we had Baby Mantra on hand so we used it. Any lavender soap should work.
- apricot and avocado oil– we used our Baby Mantra Calming Massage Oil. You can substitute with plain avocado oil. You will just end up with lavender and avocado foot scrub but still awesome!
- little glass containers– we picked these up at Walmart
- little craft sticks to use as a scoop
- purple ribbon I found – optional
- mixing bowl, spoon, measuring cup and or medicine cup
How to make foot scrub/what we did:
My oldest helped to start. He is 6yr. We added 1 cup of Epsom salt to a bowl. He then squeezed in a few squirts of the lavender soap. No measuring.
I filled a medicine cup up with the apricot and avocado oil (4 tsp). He poured that in to the salt and soap mixture. We then added lavender essential oils. Now he began to mix it all together.
Once mixed he added it to 2 of the 4 glass jars. We ran out. Since these are teacher gifts and we need 3, I had little brother come help mix up another batch of Lavender Apricot Foot Scrub for the last 2 jars.
We loved this so much we kept the 4th jar and have been washing our hands with it at the sink. Little brother is 3.5yr and he repeated what big brother did and mixed up another batch. I added this to the last two jars for him.
Baby brother and I had ran to the dollar store that morning and found a few foot pumice stones to go with the foot scrub. I love that they are shaped like a foot. I had planned to tie one of these cute little printable tags to the jars. However, I could not get my printer to work.
My husband came home that night and printed them out for me and I plan to go back and add them. I tied a purple ribbon and a little popsicle stick to the jar. This will help scoop out the foot scrub. Now we hope the teachers will love it as much as we do!
Benefits of Lavender Apricot Foot Scrub
- Lavender is great for relaxation.
- Apricot is good for skin care because it has a lot of vitamins.
- Avocado oil is good for skin care- helps with dry or chapped skin.
- Salt exfoliates and softens.
Foot Scrub Tags
Just save to your computer and print!
More scented posts to check out: