I am so excited to have Jillian from A Mom With a Lesson Plan here to guest post today. Make sure to pop over to her blog to check it out when you are done reading the post–you’ll love it!
One of our favorite books is It Looked Like Spilt Milk. We’ve read it over and over since my kids were really little. As my kids are getting older (8 and 7), I’ve been looking for more grown up activities to pair with it. I found some really fun ways to play with and study clouds for big kids (and little kids too 😉 ).
Of course the first thing I would recommend is getting your hands on the book, laying out a blanket and enjoying a little story time under some white fluffy clouds.
It Looked Like Spilt Milk Cloud Activities for Kids
- Cloud Types from Carrots are Orange
- Make a Pet Cloud from Rook No 17
- Cloud in a Jar from Learn with Play at Home
- Cloud Inspecting from Teky Teach
- Jello Sky with Fluffy Cloud Snack from Queen Vanna Creations
It Looked Like Spilt Milk Cloud Crafts for Kids
- It Looked Like Spilt Milk Cloud Paint Blots from A Mom with Lesson Plan
- Cloud Window Clings from My Little Bookcase
- Watercolor Resist Envelopes from Willow Day
- Puffy Paint Clouds from Artchoo
- Rain Cloud Ribbons from Family Education
Do you have a favorite way to explore clouds with kids? What cloud activities have you done?
Thanks so much Jillian for all of these fun book extension activities for It Looked Like Spilt Milk!Jillian Riley is a writer who focuses most of her creative energy into her playful learning, playful parenting blog A Mom with a Lesson Plan. She is a mom to an almost 8 year old son and a 7 year old daughter. Jillian is passionate about kids activities, learning and creativity! Find her on Pinterest and Google Plus.