Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons is one of our very favorite books so we had to choose it for this month’s Virtual Book Club for Kids.
The fun and colorful story by Eric Litwin is beloved by preschoolers everywhere for good reason–it’s just plain cool! The groovy repetitive text and Pete’s great attitude about life make it a story your kids will want to read again and again.
Then when you’re done reading you can sit down and make a Four Groovy Button Bracelet!
Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons Book Craft
- pipe cleaner, yarn, elastic thread
- 4 large buttons
- paint (if needed)
We have a big bag of buttons in our craft supplies that we raided for this project. My preschooler decided to use a yellow instead of two blues and since it is her groovy button bracelet that’s what we went with. You can let your kids decide what color they want their buttons and paint them if necessary.
Some of our button holes were tiny so my preschooler found it easiest to use a pipe cleaner to thread the buttons, but yarn or string would work too. Especially if you have a kid safe needle.
Twist the ends of the pipe cleaner together and wear your groovy button bracelet!
For More Pete The Cat Inspired Learning Activities from the Virtual Book Club:
- Pete the Cat Glyph from Playdough to Plato
- Learning with Buttons Pete the Cat from 3 Dinosaurs
- Pete the Cat Inspired Costume Cat Headband for Dress Up Play and Learning by The Educators’ Spin on It
- Free Printable Math Game Pete the Cat Inspired from Crystal and Co.
- Pete the Cat Shoe Activities for Literacy from Rainy Day Mum
- Pete the Cat Activities: Beginning Sound Button Cover from Growing Book by Book
- Button Counting, Graphing, Sorting from Mama Miss
- Pete the Cat Button Activities from Inspiration Laboratories
- 3 Pete the Cat Activities from LalyMom
- Pete the Cat Movement Activity from Educators Spin on It
- Pete the Cat Inspired Reading and Gross Motor Game from Still Playing School