Popsicle Sticks! This Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree craft was fun to make with my kids. We love looking through the craft closet and pulling out the buttons, pom poms… and seeing what we can create. With Christmas coming up fast I thought an ornament craft would be perfect. Not to mention my kids have a little Christmas tree up year round in their room so we already had a tree to decorate!
Popsicle Sticks are a cheap and easy craft supply to use with the kids. There are so many different crafts to make with them and they turn out so cute. We can not wait to get the popsicle sticks out again and see what else we can create.
Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Craft
Supplies for Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Craft:
- popsicle sticks and or skinny sticks- we used multi-colored sticks but you can use plain sticks and paint them.
- jewel stickers
- glitter stars
- colored string
- pom poms
- clear glue- hot glue gun optional for older kids.
How to make a Christmas Tree Popsicle Stick Ornament with kids:
- Gather all of your craft supplies you want to use for your Christmas Tree. You can use so many different craft supplies to decorate these trees. My list above is just what we used.
- Take the Popsicle stick and or skinny sticks and glue them together into a triangle shape. If you are using clear glue you while have to leave them a while to dry before decorating. I started out with clear glue but my kids got tired of waiting so I used the hot glue gun to make more so they could decorate them sooner. We went back and decorated the other ones with clear glue once dry.
- Now for the fun part! Let the kids use the craft supplies to decorate the trees. Leave these to dry.
- Once dry I went back and added string to the top of the tree so we could use these as ornaments. I also cut cardboard to glue on as the tree trunk.
Christmas Craft for All Ages
The kids had so much fun picking and choosing what craft supplies to use on their Christmas trees. These are only a few of the trees we made pictures of below. I think they could have kept making them until we had no more craft sticks in the house. I loved watching their creativity as they decorated.
I even got to join in and make a few with them. They could not wait for them to dry so they could add them to their little tree in their room. I love making holiday crafts with my kids. I am cherishing this time because they are growing up so fast and craft time with mom will be old news soon.
Leave a Reply