Rainbow Jell-O Jars are a fun way to brighten anyone’s day! They are the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day, birthdays, holidays, rainy days, and sunny days—you can’t go wrong with anything rainbow colored.
Rainbow Jell-O Recipe Ingredients:
- 6 small boxes of Jell-O in rainbow colors
- 2 cups of sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Boiling water and cold water
- Whipped cream
- Colored sprinkles
- Dozen 4 ounce jelly jars (we used the wide mouth ones)
How to Make Rainbow Jell-O Jars:
- Set out 12 half pint canning jars and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Dissolve the package of purple gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Mix ½ cup of the dissolved gelatin with 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Place 1-2 spoonfuls of the sour cream mixture into the bottom of each of the jars. You will have some leftover.
- Once it is firm to the touch, mix the rest of the unused dissolved purple Jello-O with 3 T of cold water.
- Place 1-2 spoonfuls of the purple on top of the first layer. Place back into the refrigerator until the top is firm.
- Repeat the process with the remaining boxes of gelatin working your way from blue to red.
- When the final layer has set, top the layered Jell-O with whipped cream and decorate with rainbow sprinkles.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Looking for rainbow activities to go with this rainbow treat? Check out:
- Rainbow Car Paintings
- Shaving Cream Rainbows
- Rainbow Toy Hunt
- Rainbow Art Activities for Kids
- Scented Rainbow Sensory Art
- Rainbow Food Ideas
This post was first published on March 4, 2013.