Number shakers are so much fun! They can be used to teach number identification, one-to-one correspondance, counting, number writing, and so much more. Here are 10 fun ways you can learn with a number shaker!
Making your own number shaker is super easy! All you need is a clean 1 liter bottle, tiny number magnets, and rice. Pour them all into a bottle (I kind of alternate layers of rice and numbers) and hot glue the cap on. Then get ready to shake and play!
You can use the number shaker to find numbers! Just shake and find.
1. Find the number in a pile of numbers
2. Find the number on a calendar
3. Find the number on a take-out menu
You can use a number shaker to practice making numbers! Just shake and make.
1. Make numbers out of play dough
2. Make numbers with stamps
3. Make numbers with Bendaroos, Wikki Stix, or pipe cleaners
4. Make numbers with small toys
1. Count with stamps
2. Count with toys
3. Count with snacks
Really, the preschool possibilities are endless with a number shaker!