My husband and I love St. Patrick’s Day and are always looking for ways to make it fun for our kids! It’s the silly ideas that make everyone smile that become great family traditions and memories down the road.
Here are 5 super easy ways to make St. Patrick’s Day fun for kids!
Leprechaun Fun for Kids:
1. Make your own leprechaun trap to try and catch a leprechaun! This is not only a great way to stop any leprechauns from causing trouble it also helps kids use creative thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Create a little leprechaun mischief the night before St. Patrick’s Day. Turn things upside down in the house, put things where they don’t belong and even make some green leprechaun footprints for the kids to wake up to.
3. Let the leprechaun turn your milk green inside the container. Kids are sure to giggle when they see green milk coming out of the carton!
4. Create silly leprechaun sayings and talk like a leprechaun all day long!
5. Cut a green leprechaun hat out of construction paper and tape it to the bathroom mirror. This will temporarily turn the kids into leprechauns when they are brushing their teeth or washing their hands.
What sorts of fun (or trouble!) does your family get into on St. Patrick’s Day? I’d love to hear your ideas and traditions!
More St. Patrick’s Day Activities:
- How to Make Shamrock Prints
- Rainbow Jell-O in a Jar Recipe
- Rainbow Car Paintings
- Color Scavenger Hunt