Today I am teaming up with +Jamie Reimer from hands on: as we grow and +Jackie Higgins from Ready Set Read for a Valentine’s Day for Kids Google Plus Hangout! We’ll be sharing Valentine’s Day themed letter activities for preschoolers–it will be so much fun!
It will air LIVE both here and on my G+ profile page at 3pm EST today. But no worries if you miss it–you can check back to either place anytime you want to watch the video!
As you can see in the video the heart puzzles are super easy to make! Just cut out a bunch of heart shapes from red cardstock and cut in half. Then write upper and lowercase letters or word chunks on each half for the kids to match up.
More ways to play with Broken Heart Letter Puzzles:
Match the uppercase and lowercase letter together
- Identify the sound each letter makes
- Find an object in the room that starts with the letter in the puzzle
- Tell the preschooler a word, have him/her find the letter for the first or last sound in the word
- Make new words with word chunks and consonants or blends.
- Create a heart word sort with one word chunk. Tell the kids to change the first letter and read the new word. Repeat.
- Write, stamp, type, or sticker the new words using various materials such as sand, paper, contact paper, etc.
This Valentine’s Day for Kids activity is part of a week of LIVE Hangouts on Air on G+! Be sure to check the full schedule for all of the #vdayfun!