Hi! I’m back today from The Seasoned Mom with another delicious, family-friendly recipe to share. My one-dish Dump and Bake Italian Chicken and Rice is an easy dinner that comes together in just a few minutes, requires minimal clean up, and pleases even the pickiest palates! Even the rice cooks in the baking dish making this a fast, wholesome, and easy meal.
I love a recipe that doesn’t require me to spend too much time pulling out equipment, dirtying (and washing) dishes, or slicing, chopping, and prepping a variety of ingredients. Instead, I want something that I can toss together in advance (preferably while my boys are at preschool in the morning or while my youngest is napping), and then just pop it in the oven when my crew gets hungry. Can you relate?
Oh, and whatever I’m serving better be tasty and kid-friendly! I’m not interested in making a variety of dinner options to please every tastebud in our house. It’s one meal for everyone…and that’s IT! Fortunately, I have an arsenal of quick and easy recipe ideas that I can turn to on even my craziest weeknights. This Dump and Bake Italian Chicken and Rice is definitely one of those gems!
You just need some very basic ingredients, and I bet that many of you already have these items in your kitchen. Shall we take a look?
Start with some Italian seasoning, a jar of marinara sauce, and a can of Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes (don’t drain them).
You will also need some uncooked rice, some uncooked chicken breasts, and some Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Simple AND delicious, right?
Then you just combine the ingredients right in your baking dish, based on the instructions below. You don’t need an extra mixing bowl, you don’t need to cook the rice in advance, and you don’t even need to bake your chicken ahead of time. It all cooks together!
Enjoy it now, make your family smile, and you can thank me later! Oh, and be sure to join me over on my blog for even more great recipes that will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time!
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 ½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast (uncooked) Note: if your chicken breasts are really large, you may want to slice them in half length-wise so that they cook through completely
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir marinara sauce, tomatoes, and rice together in a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish. Place chicken on top.
- Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil (make sure that none of the steam can escape -- you want your rice to absorb that liquid!).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. During the final 5 minutes of cooking, remove dish from oven, uncover, and
- sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Place back in the oven (uncovered) for the final 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Looking for other delicious and easy dinner options? Try these: