Last week we had a super fun Family Olympics game night! There were lots of laughs as we competed against each other in a bunch of silly minute-to-win-it style games and the kids have been talking about it ever since.
And thanks to our sponsor, TogetherBox, I didn’t have to do any of the prep work!
TogetherBox sends a themed box of crafts and activities (with all of the instructions and supplies you need!) right to your house. When we opened ours up and saw all of the Family Olympics activities we were thrilled–it made for a perfect family game night!
We started by making our family flag. Everyone got to have input and it was so cool to see the kids negotiating with each other about what was going where. They were very proud of the end result.
Then it was time for the games! The supplies and instructions for 10 different Family Olympics games were included in the box. Yep. 10. I love things that make having fun so easy.
Family Olympic Games:
- Bite Me is a fun game where you move a paper bag to the table with your teeth.
- Separation Anxiety asks each person to sort M&Ms into colors.
- Keep It Up is where you have to see how long you can keep a feather in the air.
- A Bit Dicey is shown above. You have to stack dice on a popsicle stick in your mouth.
- Grab Me! Use chopsticks to transfer M&Ms from one bowl to another.
- Pom Pom Pendulum was hilarious. You tie a pom pom to a string and try to get it to stick to the petroleum jelly on your nose with using hands.
- Save the Joker has you blowing cards off a cup without blowing off the Joker…and my youngest totally kicked our behinds at this one!
- Suck It Up is another M&M game. We had to use a straw to suck up an M&M and transfer it to an empty bowl.
- Candy Elevator was tough. You use a popsicle stick and string to raise an M&M into your mouth. Let’s just say I lost this one.
- Nose Dive has you keep the petroleum jelly on your nose and use it to transfer pom poms from one bowl to another.
There was a scorecard included in the TogetherBox so at the end we totalled the scores and crowned the winners! The kids couldn’t get over the fact that I actually won gold which cracked me up.
More Family Fun:
Disclosure: TogetherBox sponsored this post, but all ideas and opinions are my own.