I can not resist making footprint keepsake art with my kids. Those sweet little feet will not stay like that for long. So while they are little and enjoy crafting with mom we will make as many footprint and handprint keepsakes as we can. With Valentine’s Day coming up we made a love bug footprint puppet craft. The kids and I just love how cute they turned out!
Love Bug Footprint Puppet Craft
Footprint Craft Supplies:
- pink and purple crayola paint
- white cardstock – I like this because it is a thick paper
- sharpie markers
- colored craft sticks or popsicle sticks
- and sweet little feet
- To start, paint the kid’s feet. I did this with a paint brush. Sometimes I will use my finger and paint their feet. Make sure to have a thin layer of paint on the foot. Take and press the foot down on the paper. I got 2 footprints without re-painting my son’s foot. So I painted his foot pink and made two pink footprints. I repeated with the purple paint after washing the pink paint off his foot with baby wipes.
- I left the footprints to dry overnight. The next day I came back with the sharpie markers and drew on eyes, mouth, antennas, and wings.
- Next I cut the love bug footprint out. Depending on the age of the kids they can help with this part.
- Last I took a pink craft stick and glued it on the back of the love bug footprint. I left it to dry.
My kids got home from school that afternoon to find love bug footprint puppets to play with. They got so excited. Soon they were chasing each other through the house with them. But at least they got to enjoy them!