Paper plate crafts are so popular with kids because they are simple and fun!
This paper plate apple craft is just that–simple to set up, fun to make and perfect for young kids. Apple crafts are traditionally for back to school or fall, but this craft could be enjoyed anytime of the year.
More than just a cute craft to hang on a wall, this paper plate craft lets kids create and explore painting with corks. It’s also great for building finger and hand strength and developing fine motor skills.
Paper Plate Apple Craft
Apple Craft Supplies:
- green, yellow, and red paint
- paper plates
- corks- you can find these at the craft store
- green construction paper
- brown construction paper
- glue stick
How to Make a Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Gather all your supplies and place them on the table.
- On a paper plate squeeze out the red, green, and yellow paint for the kids to use.
- Have the kids use the corks to paint the plates in any way they choose. This is a great fine motor skill activity and fun!
- Once the kids finish stamping on the paint leave the paper plates to dry.
- While the plates were drying kids can cut or tear construction paper to create stems and leaves for the apples. This gives kids even more fine motor practice at whatever level they are at.
- When the plates are dry the kids can glue on their stems and leaves.
Don’t be surprised if they don’t look like the ones in the photo!
Let kids take control of their own creations and paint and glue however they wish. This helps them learn about print making, cause and effect, builds fine motor skills and more. There’s much to be gained by focusing on the process instead of the product.
More Apple Activities for Kids
Want to keep the apple themed fun going?
Try some of our favorite apple activities for kids!