Paper plate crafts are so popular with kids (and their caregivers!) because they are simple and fun. This paper plate apple craft is just that–simple to set up, fun to make and perfect for young kids. Apple crafts are traditionally for back to school or Fall, but this craft could be enjoyed anytime of the year.
We are in back to school mode over here so all things apples are on my mind. We needed a fun apple craft to hang on our art wall and this paper plate apple craft turned out to be the perfect art to hang up. The kids had fun making these apples and are happy to have them hanging up for all to see.
Paper Plate Apple Craft
Apple Craft Supplies:
- green, yellow, and red paint
- paper plates
- corks- you can find these at the craft store
- green construction paper
- brown construction paper
- glue stick
How to Make a Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Gather all your supplies and place them on the table.
- On a paper plate squeeze out the red, green, and yellow paint for the kids to use. Each of my three kids got one paper plate to paint.
- Have the kids use the corks to paint our plates. This is a great fine motor skill activity and fun!
- Once the kids finish stamping on the paint leave the paper plates to dry.
- While the plates were drying take the brown and green construction paper and cut out stems and leaves for the apples. If you trace them on paper older kids can help with cutting them out.
- When the plates are dry the kids can glue on the brown stems and green leaf .
Now you have a cute cork painted apples to hang up on the art wall to celebrate back to school!