We all want our kids to be grateful for the things in their lives, but sometimes struggle with how to teach them such a big concept. I invited three moms to a discussion to share their experiences with raising grateful kids and offer tips for other parents.
I chatted with Giselle Achecar from Eco Rico TV, Valerie Deneen from Inner Child Fun, and Zina Harrington from Let’s Lasso the Moon on my #CoffeeBreak show and it was one of my favorite episodes to date. They even made me cry!
Gratitude Tips for Parents:
There were so many great takeaways from our conversation and I encourage you to watch as you have time. Some things that stood out to meet as we talked were:
- Be intentional about focusing on gratitude with your family.
- Practice gratitude until it becomes a habit. Model this for your kids.
- “Do” gratitude with your kids. Activities that empower kids to show their thankfulness are a great way to demonstrate the concept.
- Give kids a chance to be the ones others are grateful for. It’s motivating and helps develop a sense of empathy.
- It’s important. As we talked it became clear that cultivating a sense of gratitude in our kids has tremendous value when they are adults.
- Gratitude Activity Jar from Inner Child Fun
- Kid Made Thank You Cards from Inner Child Fun
- Create a Thankfulness Tree from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Random Acts of Kindness Help a Neighbor from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Thanksgiving Kids Activity from Let’s Lasso the Moon
- Kids Gratitude Journal from Let’s Lasso the Moon