We went on a turkey feather color hunt to Move and Learn about colors and patterns! This one was super easy to set up and the kids can keep playing with it all month long.
Color Hunt Activity:
- construction paper feathers in a variety of colors
- kids who are ready to move
I cut a bunch of paper feathers out of construction paper and scattered them all over the yard. Then the kids ran around and collected them (like a bunch of turkeys who were missing their feathers!)
Color Sort Activity:
Once all of the feathers can been hunted my preschooler looked through them and identified all of the colors we had found. She then led her big brother and sister in sorting them into piles of each color. This is great science and math practice.
Turkey Math Patterns:
- paper plate
- googly eyes
- orange triangles
- feathers from the color hunt
We made paper plate turkey faces using the googly eyes and paper triangles. Then the kids used the feathers they collected to create and follow color patterns. Depending on the age of your kids you can do ABAB, AABB, ABC, or any kind of pattern your kids want to create!
The other Move and Learn co-hosts were busy putting together Move and Learn Activities for kids this week too, make sure to check them out!
Other Ways to Move & Learn this week:
- Alphabet Lid Frisbee Game from Toddler Approved
- Get Moving Color Sort from Hands On: As We Grow
- Lego Reading Game from The Pleasantest Thing
- Check out all our Move & Learn activities
- Lots of ideas on our Pinterest board!
Melissa Klinker says
Shaunna Evans says
This looks like fun!