One easy way to make handwriting practice fun is to make it big! Painting big letters with window paint on the windows is a great way to get kids excited about working on letter formation.
The only thing I needed to prep for this activity was to mix up some window paint and put something down on the floor under the window. This would be great to do outside on your windows or glass door too.
Here’s the recipe—> Easy Window Paint Recipe
We used smaller brushes to make it easier to form the letters. They chose some to write and then asked me for more ideas.
Once the letters dry kids can practice tracing them with their fingers or go and find objects that start with each letter. There are lots of ways you can move and learn with handwriting!
The other Move and Learn co-hosts were busy putting together Move and Learn Activities for kids this week too, make sure to check them out!
Other Ways to Move & Learn this week:
- Sight Words Hide and Seek from The Pleasantest Thing
- Maze of Numbers Counting Activity from Hands on : as we grow
- 18 Ways to Play with Numbers from Toddler Approved
- Check out all our Move & Learn activities
- Lots of ideas on our Pinterest board!