This easy and healthy breakfast takes only a few minutes to pull together, thanks to help from frozen dinner rolls! Bake them over the weekend and reheat tasty, portable Bacon Egg and Cheese Rolls all week long for a quick breakfast or snack on the go!
Hi, friends! I’m glad to be back from The Seasoned Mom this month with another easy, family-friendly recipe to share with Megan’s readers!
Now that back-to-school season is in full swing, I thought that you would appreciate a little bit of help in the breakfast department. If you’re like me, it seems like the morning rush is always that: a RUSH! No matter how organized I think that I am, we are constantly racing to get everyone’s teeth brushed and bags packed in order to get out the door on time. With three little boys, that is no easy feat (and I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I have the kids successfully loaded in the car)!
That’s where this breakfast idea comes in handy. While these rolls are perfectly delicious on a lazy Saturday morning hot out of the oven, I think that I appreciate them even more during the week. If I prepare a batch on the weekend and store them in a container in the refrigerator, I have a nutritious breakfast option that I can just reheat in the microwave or toaster oven. It sure beats standing over the stove stirring scrambled eggs while my boys chase each other in laps around the house!
And don’t overlook the fact that these little treats are perfect for eating on-the-go! Running out the door to catch the bus? Riding in the car? Packing a snack for your office? The rolls are mess-free, full of protein, and an easy way to stay healthy on the run.
Because these days that’s what we’re doing: running, running, running! Can you relate?!
- 8 frozen Artisan French Rolls (white or whole wheat) (I used Alexia brand, but any similar product will work)
- 2 eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line up frozen rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- While the rolls bake, beat together eggs, egg whites, cheese, milk, salt and pepper in bowl; set to the side.
- Slice into top of the baked rolls and scoop insides of rolls, removing and discarding the soft center.
- Fill each roll with the egg mixture and sprinkle with chopped bacon.
- Bake for an additional 14-18 minutes.
Looking for other make-ahead breakfast options to ease your weekday mornings? Try these favorites: