Preschoolers love hands on math activities and need many opportunities to try out and practice new skills. That’s why busy bag activities for preschoolers are so effective, they give kids a chance to play and have fun with math concepts. This ladybug math busy bag lets kids work on number identification, counting and more.
Ladybug Math Busy Bag Supplies
- 10 oval rocks
- red and black acrylic paint
- black Sharpie marker
- Mod Podge acrylic sealer
- hot glue
- googly eyes
- green cardstock
How to Make the Ladybug Math Busy Bag
1. Paint the rocks with the red acrylic paint and let dry.
2. Add black dots onto each rocks representing the numbers 1-10.
3. Seal the rocks with the Mod Podge.
4. Hot glue on the googly eyes when dry.
5. Cut out 10 leaves and write the numbers 1-10 on each one. Laminate if possible to make them more durable.
How to Play with the Ladybug Busy Bag
Count the dots on the ladybugs.
Match the dots to the corresponding number on the leaf.
Put the numbers in order.
Compare ladybugs to see which one has more.
Add or subtract the ladybugs’ spots.
Kids can even help you paint the ladybugs which is helpful if you want to make this busy bag for a Busy Bag Swap and Moms’ Night Out.