SPRING is here! I know this because when I step outside all I see is yellow. Pollen is everywhere and there is no escaping it. I look forward to being able to breathe again when the pollen clears up.
Luckily spring does not only bring pollen with it but Easter too…and it is coming up fast! I love gathering some craft supplies and creating holiday crafts with my kids. So with Easter approaching it was time to make some cute Easter Bunny Handprint Crafts!
This Easter bunny craft is fun for multiple ages and easy to make. We just loved how they turned out and look forward to using them to decorate the house for the holidays.
Easter Bunny Handprint Craft
Supplies for Easter Bunny Handprint Craft:
- craft foam sheets – we used pink and blue
- white paint
- googly eyes – or sticker eyes
- pink buttons
- sharpie markers- black and pink
- clear glue
- colored paper- optional to make paper bows
How to make an Easter Bunny Handprint Craft with Kids
- Gather all the supplies you will need for the crafts and then call the kids to come help.
- Use white paint to paint the child’s hand. DO NOT PAINT THE THUMB.
- Try to get the kids to make a v with their hand and press down on the craft foam sheet. We used pink and blue craft foam but any colors work. I picked up a pack of this craft foam at the dollar store but I’m sure you can find it other places. Let the handprints dry before moving on.
- When the handprints are dry, the kids can start adding the googly eyes and button noses. We had a sheet of assorted sticker eyes that we used on this craft. But any googly or sticker eyes will work. You can even draw them in if you need too. We used clear glue to glue on pink button noses.
- Then draw on the mouth and whiskers with a black sharpie marker. We also drew in some pink on the bunny ears. Older kids might want to do this themselves but for younger kids you may want an adult to do this for them.
- Last, if you want to add something extra, trace bows on paper and cut out to add bow ties and hair bows for the bunnies.
This Easter Bunny handprint craft was a blast for us to work on together. It was also a great excuse to stay inside away from the pollen for a little while!
My kids really got excited when they got to start adding the eyes and nose to the handprints. The bunnies started coming to life. Now to hang them up to help decorate the house for Easter!
How will you use this bunny handprint craft with your kids?
As a decoration to hang up? An Easter card to give to someone special? With fabric paint to make a homemade Easter T shirt?
Leave a comment and let us know! We’d love to be inspired by you too!
Leave a Reply