Giving regular activities a new twist is a great way to get kids excited about playing together. This heart tic tac toe game is the perfect “make once, play again and again” busy bag that your kids won’t be able to resist.
The bonus is you can take it anywhere with you so you’ll never hear I’m bored while waiting again!
Heart Tic Tac Toe Busy Bag
- 1 sheet of felt
- 2-3 sheets of different colored craft foam
- Craft glue
- 2 Pipe Cleaners
- Gallon size resealable plastic bag
How to Make the Tic Tac Toe Busy Bag
1. Start by laying your piece of felt flat on the table, and glue on pieces of cut ribbon in the shape of a tic tac toe board. There should be 6 squares total when you are done as shown below.
2. Once the glue has dried, fold your piece of felt in half with the ribbon on the inside. Poke two holes in each side, one at each end of the piece of felt. This will create the holes that your pipe cleaners will go through to create handles for your tic tac toe board.
3. Thread your choice of beads onto each pipe cleaner. We used alphabet beads to create a “Be Mine” theme for Valentine’s Day, but the possibilities are endless.
4. Push one end of each pipe cleaner through the holes on either end of the piece of felt. Loop them around and twist to secure so that they create the shape of two handles, one on either side of the board.
5. With the felt board closed, decide which side is going to be the front of your board. Cut out three small hearts from different colors of craft foam and glue them to the felt. You can write “tic tac toe” on them with a marker if you wish.
6. Cut out sets of hearts from 2 different colors of craft foam to use as the game pieces. Store the heart tic tac toe game board and game pieces in a gallon sized resealable bag.
Busy Bags Make Life Easier
Once the tic tac toe game board and pieces are ready it’s time to play! Kids of all ages will love beating boredom with this fun heart themed busy bag. Leave it in your bag or the car so you have it with you while on a road trip or waiting at a doctor’s office or store it in the playroom to pull out while making dinner.
Love the idea of “make-once, play again and again” busy bags for keeping kids engaged? So do we! Sign up to get all of our busy bags and easy-but-awesome kids activities sent to you each week.
CLICK HERE —> I want to get all the busy bags and fun activities sent to me!
Leave a Reply