There’s no denying that the holiday season is here. What better way to combine the excitement of Christmas than with this Christmas Stocking Game that’s full of ABC Practice Fun.
Not only does it get your toddler working on their fine motor skills and creativity, but it also has them creating and then using what they’ve made as well. So many times there are things that children whip up and leave sitting on the shelf.
Not this ABC Practice Fun…this game is different. So different, in fact, that you’re going to find your preschool-aged child using it over and over again!
Christmas Stocking Busy Bag
This Christmas themed busy bag is so simple to put together!
- White paper or cardstock
- Markers or crayons (optional
- Alphabet magnets
- Christmas Stocking ABC Match Printable
- Laminator and laminating sheets or clear contact paper (optional)
DOWNLOAD FREE PRINTABLE HERE —->> Christmas Stocking ABC Match Printable
How to Make the Busy Bag
- Download and print the free Christmas Stocking ABC Match printable set
- Let your kids color and decorate the stocking printable pages
- Laminate the stocking printable pages with a laminator or by covering the front and back of each page with clear contact paper
- Set out a handful of ABC magnets with one of the pages making sure to include all of the letters shown on that page
- Encourage your child to match the correct magnet to the letter shown on the stocking
- Store all the stocking printables and the alphabet magnets in a resealable plastic bag to play with another day
If you are using this ABC busy bag in a classroom setting or on the go you can even tape the printable sheets to a small cookie tray. Stick the magnets along the edges and you have a no-mess way to practice matching the alphabet magnets to the letters on the stockings!
Learning with the Christmas Stocking ABC Match Game
Is this a fun game to play? Absolutely.
Does it offer the perfect combination of learning and education? You bet.
This is one of those games that will have your child loving it without even truly realizing that they’re learning. It’s so simple and fun, they’ll actually ask for it time and time again.
This is why I laminate ours…because if not, we’d be printing them out more times than I care to. Using them, again and again, means that there will be little hands on them all the time so laminating them is really a great idea.
Have fun this holiday season with this Stocking Alphabet Matching Activity. It’s perfect for them to enjoy alone or fun for all to join in as well!
Christmas Themed Busy Bags for Kids
Don’t let the play and learning stop there!
December is the perfect time to use busy bags with your kids or class. The kids can use them to play with while you get something done. Leaving more time to meaningfully connect during this the holiday season. Here are a few of our favorites to try!