Oh the joys of busy bags…especially the ones that encourage learning!
This heart number matching preschool busy bag rules (pun totally intended) because there are so many ways for kids to play and learn.
Preschool Number Matching Busy Bag
- felt, paper, foam hearts
- puffy paint or markers
- glue (maybe hot glue depending on your heart material)
I cut 12 hearts to glue to the ends of the clothespins. I had intended to use little foam hearts for the numbers, but never got to the craft store so used felt. You can use whatever you have on hand.
I wrote the numbers on each of the hearts with 3D puffy paint (affiliate link) so there would be texture on the numbers for the kids to touch and trace. Again if you don’t have any anything would work.
Ways to Play and Learn
- Number matching. Kids can match the numbers on the hearts to the numbers on the rulers.
- Counting. Kids can place the numbers in order using the ruler as a guide.
- Fine Motor Practice. Little fingers get a great developmentally appropriate workout putting the clothespins on the ruler.
- Patterns. Flip the ruler over and let kids create and continue math patterns using the colored hearts.
You could even flip the ruler to the metric side and make clothespin numbers to count by fives or tens or write letters on the hearts and let kids make their name on the back of the ruler too.
Find even more amazing Valentine busy bags from some of our favorite kid bloggers:
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
Arrow Addition Matching Game // Mama.Papa.Bubba.
Felt Heart Garden // Powerful Mothering
LEGO Valentine’s Day Puzzle // Lemon Lime Adventures
Letter Match Memory Game // The Educators’ Spin On It
DIY Valentine Dominoes // Mommy Needs a Coffee Break
Printable Valentine’s Day Mix and Match Puzzles // Itsy Bitsy Fun
Printable Conversation Heart Number Book // Playdough to Plato
Conversation Heart Color Match // Preschool Inspirations
Valentine’s Day Math Busy Bag // Still Playing School
3 Low Prep Busy Bags // Lalymom
Plant Heart Garden // Best Toys 4 Toddlers
Tic Tac Toe // Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Valentine’s Day Color Sort // Sugar Aunts
Valentine’s Day Number Matching // Coffee Cups and Crayons