Telling time can be fun when you take it outdoors! Kids can practice reading a big clock on the driveway.
Make reading a clock and telling time more hands-on with a huge sidewalk chalk clock. To make ours I drew a huge clock on the driveway and found toys in the garage for the hour and minute hand. Then we had fun playing clock games!
Telling Time Games for Kids:
- Call out a time and have the kids use the “hands” to show it to you.
- Show a time on the clock and have the kids identify it
- Count by 5s on the clock using the minute hand
- Use the clock to solve an elapsed time problem
- Show which time you do _____ on the clock
Letting kids manipulate a big clock makes it easier for them to grasp the concept. Adding movement into the learning also helps some kids make better connections with abstract concepts.
The other Move and Learn co-hosts were busy putting together Move and Learn Activities for kids this week too, make sure to check them out!