It’s back to school time! My kids all started school last week and I am finally ready to start repinning fall things on Pinterest! New seasons and holidays are a great time to stop and think about ways you and your children can spread kindness so we came up with a list of 25 ways you can make a difference this school year.
1. Donate school supplies.
2. Read…and read and read and read to a child!
3. Take food to your food pantry.
4. Wave at kids on school buses.
5. Feed the birds.
6. Draw a picture for your librarian.
7. Bring a treat for your bus driver.
8. Take bubbles to the playground.
9. Donate books to your school or public library.
10. Bring coffee (or tea) for your teachers.
11. Put a joke in your mailbox for your mail carrier.
12. Tape change to a parking meter.
13. Make a busy bag for younger siblings to do at big kid practices.
14. Take homemade play dough to a preschool teacher.
15. Rake leaves for a neighbor.
16. Donate outgrown school uniform clothes.
17. Go apple picking and give some to a neighbor.
18. Leave a letter in a library book.
19. Plant a tree.
20. Bring in cookies for the custodians.
22. Volunteer to read to a class at your local school–even if you don’t have kids there.
23. Tape sticker sheets to the playground equipment for kids to find.
24. Donate to No Kid Hungry to help support school breakfast.
25. Leave a note telling your child how proud you are of them in their backpack or lunch box.
I could go on and on and on! It’s so easy to get your kids involved in doing acts of kindness for others this fall. What ways will you make a difference this school year?