At the end of every school year the classes at our preschool celebrate with a luau party! The kids make leis and grass skirts and have a lot of fun.
There aren’t a ton of luau crafts out there so I though I’d share this cute Hula Monkey Puppet that my friend came up with for the kids to make!
Hula Monkey Puppet Supplies:
- paper bag
- foam flower stickers
- tissue paper
- big googly eyes
- card stock (whatever colors you want your monkey to be!)
- Sock Monkey Puppet Template from Chicabug blog
How to Make the Luau Monkey Craft:
- Download and print out the template from Chicabug onto a piece of cardstock.
- Cut out the shapes for the bottom of the head, the muzzle, the mouth and the ears.
- Use the head shape to create your own hula monkey head. She took outline the bottom half of their template and the drew the top herself so that is had a round shape.
- Use the templates you cut to trace the shapes onto the colored cardstock and cut out the pieces.
- Cut your tissue paper into rectangles (the same width of the paper bag) and then cut the bottom into strips for the hula skirt.
- Glue the pieces onto the paper bag and you’re ready to play!
Don’t you just love when kids can play with the crafts after they make them?