At the end of every school year the classes at our preschool celebrate with a luau party! The kids make leis and grass skirts and have a lot of fun.
There aren’t a ton of luau crafts out there so I though I’d share this cute Hula Monkey Puppet that my friend came up with for the kids to make!
Hula Monkey Puppet Supplies:
- paper bag
- foam flower stickers
- tissue paper
- big googly eyes
- card stock (whatever colors you want your monkey to be!)
- Sock Monkey Puppet Template from Chicabug blog
How to Make the Luau Monkey Craft:
- Download and print out the template from Chicabug onto a piece of cardstock.
- Cut out the shapes for the bottom of the head, the muzzle, the mouth and the ears.
- Use the head shape to create your own hula monkey head. She took outline the bottom half of their template and the drew the top herself so that is had a round shape.
- Use the templates you cut to trace the shapes onto the colored cardstock and cut out the pieces.
- Cut your tissue paper into rectangles (the same width of the paper bag) and then cut the bottom into strips for the hula skirt.
- Glue the pieces onto the paper bag and you’re ready to play!
Don’t you just love when kids can play with the crafts after they make them?
For more summer crafts and activities try making ice cream in a bag, crafting a hula hoop, and making your own bubbles (that smell great!)
Leave a Reply