White play dough is so much fun to play with!
There’s just something about a white play dough that makes little fingers just itch to play and create with it.
In the winter it is perfect for turning into play dough snowballs and snowmen or to use as a winter landscape for pretend play.
Other times of year the white playdough can be anything they want it to be!
Prefer colorful dough?
Just add your favorite food coloring to this recipe and you can have any color you want. It’s so easy!
White No Cook Play Dough Recipe:
- 6 cups white flour*
- 1 1/2 cup salt
- 6 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 4 1/2 cups of boiling water
- silver glitter (optional, but fun!)
*This recipe makes a big batch! You can half it if you don’t need a large amount.
How to Make No Cook Play Dough
- Start by boiling the water. I find it easiest to use my tea kettle on the stove, but do whatever works for you.
- While the water is heating mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix again.
- Then slowly add the boiling water and mix it all together.
- When it cools a bit put in on a clean surface and knead it.
The more you knead it the nicer and softer and smoother it will get!
If you are adding glitter do it while you are kneading it. You can add more water or flour if it is too dry or sticky too.
Once it’s cool and soft it’s time to play!
It has been cold, but not snowy here (which seems unfair doesn’t it?) so snowmen and snowballs have been my kids’ favorite things to make with the white play dough!
What will you make with this easy and awesome play dough recipe?
We can’t wait to hear what you do!
More Play Dough Recipes to Try:
- Peanut Butter Play Dough
- Chocolate Pudding Play Dough
- Sugar Cookie Play Dough
- Orange Creamsicle Dough
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Play Dough
More Ways to Play with Play Dough
Play dough is great for sensory play and getting creative with.
But, it can also be a great tool!
Just make sure to store it in a resealable bag or container and you can play with it again and again!