My kids and I love doing science experiments at home. It’s the simple, classic experiments that end up having the coolest reactions and are the most fun.
Here are some of our favorite “must-do” classic science experiments for kids!
Science Experiments for Kids
- Create a geyser with the classic Mentos™ and Diet Coke experiment.
- Make your own rock candy and study sugar crystals.
- Study density with the easy liquid layers science experiment.
- Watch raisins dance in soda with the simple kitchen science activity.
- Make your own silly putty at home to play with.
- Combine colors with the impressive (and easy!) walking water experiment for kids.
- Create a baking soda and vinegar “explosion” and pop a baggie open.
- Make magic milk with soap and food coloring to create swirling color art.
- Take the M off and M&M™ during this simple dissolving activity.
- Create a rubber egg by dissolving its shell.
Classic experiments are classic for a reason–they are super cool! Try these with your kids today. I bet you have most of the supplies in your kitchen already!