My kids and I love doing science experiments at home. It’s the simple, classic experiments that end up having the coolest reactions and are the most fun.
Here are some of our favorite “must-do” classic science experiments for kids!
Science Experiments for Kids
- Create a geyser with the classic Mentos™ and Diet Coke experiment.
- Make your own rock candy and study sugar crystals.
- Study density with the easy liquid layers science experiment.
- Watch raisins dance in soda with the simple kitchen science activity.
- Make your own silly putty at home to play with.
- Combine colors with the impressive (and easy!) walking water experiment for kids.
- Create a baking soda and vinegar “explosion” and pop a baggie open.
- Make magic milk with soap and food coloring to create swirling color art.
- Take the M off and M&M™ during this simple dissolving activity.
- Create a rubber egg by dissolving its shell.
Classic experiments are classic for a reason–they are super cool! Try these with your kids today. I bet you have most of the supplies in your kitchen already!
Don’t let the fun and discovery stop there!
We have TONS of science experiments your kids will love on our Super Cool Science Experiments for Kids page!
Take me to the experiments –> Super Cool Science Experiments for Kids